30 March 2013

Thank You Jesus - Work Begins for the WING GUNDAM VerKa

It's an official holiday here in almost-Catholic Philippines as we remember how Jesus died on the cross to save our ungrateful sinful souls.



















Yes, and thanks to Him, day jobs are out for four days since yesterday and hobbies (and yes paying homage to Christ) are definitely in!

I thank God I can now have time to finally begin work with the Wing Gundam Ver. Ka. The poor kit has been sitting idle on my desk for a month now, excruciatingly waiting for me to open it's box, slash the plastics and cut off its runners!

Well, having done the usual morning routine (wake up late, eat lunch, fit puzzles on this damn 1000-piece puzzle my fam are working on), I finally picked up the huge white box. Armed with my pink box of tools, I settled outside to do my assembly. As you may well know, March is the start of a scorching hot summer in the tropics - people are outside their homes because the heat is awfully mighty! Good thing this day offered even some not-so-cool wind to ease the hotness. Come to think of it, I might even start on spraying top coat on my Exia... nah!



Ahhh. The plastic has breathed! 

LO and BEHOLD, I fucking LOVE the fucking COLORS!

Look at that awesome BLUE! And that spellbinding YELLOW! And the fantastic RED!

Aw. GUNDAM is always awesomeness in a box. It's like Christmas every damn time.

The manual is promising a lot of gimmicks to this kit. 

Having done the torso first and foremost, as the writing has indicated, the machine cannons has me on "what sorcery is this?!"! I really really believe I am going to enjoy this kit. Although something tells me there's gonna be some problem on the dry transfer decals....hmmm.

Hullo there machine cannons!

Anyway, as I have promised my Mum that I shall accompany her on the Annual Good Friday afternoon procession, I have only accomplished building the torso and the head. I decided to panel line the head with black ink I used for architectural projects (yes, I am a licensed architect by profession). I hate having to buy Gundam markers this early on my hobby. The black ink looks fine for now. Plus, I'm vying for the anime look, hehe.  

To be honest, I realized I am an extremely slow builder. I take my time since I am a newbie. We have to take time to relish this wonder that is Gunpla, don't you think? Hay, it puts me on a poetic spell.


Fuck you too panel line. 


This can be better.
V Fins. Don't leave home without it.



Well, one thing's for sure, though - I suck at close-up pictures.

Err, I wonder how many posts will this build take? Hihihi 

Thank you, Jesus!







No comments:

Post a Comment